The left wing of the house was built circa 1753
by Nicholas Parker, a cabinet maker. It was later the home
of Captain Mallory Todd, who was born in Bermuda and was living in
Smithfield by 1767. Mallory Todd is the first documented
person to have cured and exported Smithfield hams.
Adapted from the
original hard copy walking tour designed by the Smithfield
& Isle of Wight Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For additional information about the walking tour, contact the
Visitors Bureau at: 757-357-5182 or 800-365-9339.
Unless otherwise noted, the homes shown on this site are private
residences and are not open to the public.