205 South Mason Street - Smithfield Academy
Built circ. 1826
205 South Mason Street - Smithfield Academy (circ. 1826)
The building was erected in 1826 as a private
school for young men. After 1872, it became a public school
and later a Masonic Lodge. Restored in 1963, it is used by
the Trinity United Methodist Church.
Adapted from the
original hard copy walking tour designed by the Smithfield
& Isle of Wight Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For additional information about the walking tour, contact the
Visitors Bureau at: 757-357-5182 or 800-365-9339.
Unless otherwise noted, the homes shown on this site are private
residences and are not open to the public.