106 North Mason Street - Old Jail  
Built circ. 1799


106 North Mason Street - Old Jail (circa 1799)

The jail was built in 1799 by Isaac Lever, a contractor.  It was used as a jail for only one year until the courthouse was moved.  Since 1800 is has served primarily as a residence.

Chronological Tour

19 of 44

 

~ OR ~

Stop-By-Stop Tour

35 of 44

 

  One Page Summary 

  Large Map 

  A Brief History of Smithfield 

  Home Page 

Adapted from the original hard copy walking tour designed by the Smithfield & Isle of Wight Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For additional information about the walking tour, contact the Visitors Bureau at: 757-357-5182 or 800-365-9339.
Unless otherwise noted, the homes shown on this site are private residences and are not open to the public.

E-mail comments about this website to the website administrator.