204 Grace Street - Oak Grove Academy
Built circ. 1836
204 Grace Street - Oak Grove Academy (circa 1836)
This building was built in 1836 as "Oak
Grove Academy for Young Ladies". It has also housed two
other institutions of learning, The Smithfield Female Institute ;
and The Smithfield Male and Female Institute.
Adapted from the
original hard copy walking tour designed by the Smithfield
& Isle of Wight Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For additional information about the walking tour, contact the
Visitors Bureau at: 757-357-5182 or 800-365-9339.
Unless otherwise noted, the homes shown on this site are private
residences and are not open to the public.