Hayden Hall was built for Mrs. Martha Hall
sometime before 1812. The house was used briefly in 1836 for
the first girls' school in Smithfield. The small park across
the street was originally the entrance lane to Hayden Hall.
Adapted from the
original hard copy walking tour designed by the Smithfield
& Isle of Wight Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For additional information about the walking tour, contact the
Visitors Bureau at: 757-357-5182 or 800-365-9339.
Unless otherwise noted, the homes shown on this site are private
residences and are not open to the public.