220 South Church Street - Eason-Whitley House
Built circ. 1756
220 South Church Street -
Eason-Whitley House (circa 1756)
This house stands on one of the first lots to
be sold in the new town of Smithfield in 1752. The lot sold
for four pounds, six shillings. James Eason first occupied
the home in 1756. It was the home of the Whitley family from
Adapted from the
original hard copy walking tour designed by the Smithfield
& Isle of Wight Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For additional information about the walking tour, contact the
Visitors Bureau at: 757-357-5182 or 800-365-9339.
Unless otherwise noted, the homes shown on this site are private
residences and are not open to the public.