345 Main Street - Britt-Simpson House
Built circ. 1854
345 Main Street - Britt-Simpson House (circa 1854)
Built around 1854 by George W. Britt, this was
the home of Frank B. and Emily Delk Simpson. Mrs. Simpson
was one of the founders of the Women's Club of Smithfield and the
organizer and first director of the Isle of Wight Branch of the
Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (APVA).
Adapted from the
original hard copy walking tour designed by the Smithfield
& Isle of Wight Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For additional information about the walking tour, contact the
Visitors Bureau at: 757-357-5182 or 800-365-9339.
Unless otherwise noted, the homes shown on this site are private
residences and are not open to the public.